Innovation, creativity, sustainability, design, the best user experience and, of course, taste were all recognised at The Caterer‘s 2017 Product Excellence Awards.
The 29 winners were acknowledged among their peers this evening, at a celebration held at The In & Out Club, (Naval & Military Club), London.
The awards night provided an opportunity for the producers, suppliers and manufacturers behind the products to get together and revel in their success.
The products and equipment identified on the night are a true reflection of the rising expectations in the market and the fierce competition among operators.
Lisa Jenkins, products and suppliers’ editor of The Caterer and awards host said: “It’s an honour to present these awards to such deserving suppliers and manufacturers. They don’t always get the attention or credit they deserve – and it’s an absolute pleasure to be part of the passion, commitment and drive in this sector.
“The Caterer has always been a showcase for innovation, inspiration and learning; every week for 139 years, and it’s our intention to continue to promote producers, manufacturers and suppliers for their vision and expertise as we go into our 140th year of publication.”
- Bakery:Bidfood, Premium Selection Persian Love Loaf Cake
- Beers, Wines & Spirits:West Berkshire Brewery, Good Old Boy
- Coffee:Kimbo, Napoli Coffee Capsule
- Condiments: Vinegar Shed, Famille Dupont, Cider Vinegar
- Dairy:Eurilait, Paysan Breton, natural spreadable cheese
- Desserts:Bidfood: Premium Selection 24 Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- Desserts:Tipiak, French Pop Eclairs
- Fish & Seafood:Whitby Seafoods, Extra Large scampi
- Frozen:Paramount 21, The Aromatic Garden Burger
- Meat and Poultry:Danish Crown, Crown Gold Gammon (whole)
- Soft Drinks and Juices:Jeeva, Premium Organic King Coconut Water
- Soft Drinks and Juices:The London Essence Co, Rhubarb & Cardamom Soda
- Snacking: Real Soup Co, Grab & Go Indonesian chickpea and coconut soup
- Special Diet:Paramount, Fish & Chip Shop Bites
- Tea and Hot Chocolate:Tetley, English Breakfast
- Beverage Making and Dispense Equipment:Franke, A800 Foam Master with Flavour Station
- Crockery, Cutlery, Glassware and Table Top:Strahl, 5.5oz Champagne Flute
- Environmental:Dualit, Compostable Coffee Capsules
- Food Preparation Equipment:Robot Coupe, Robot Cook
- Induction:Sous Vide Tools, Sage Commercial by Polyscience, Control Freak
- Microwaves and Rapid Cooking:Electrolux Professional, SpeeDelight
- Prime Cooking Equipment:Hobart, Bonnet, Precipan
- Prime Cooking Equipment:Synergy Grill, SG900 MK2
- Refrigeration:Hoshizaki UK, Gram, Superior Plus
- Technology – Software:Lolly Limited, LollyPos
- Technology – Hardware: Fripura, Filters for Fryers
- Warewashing:Meiko, UPster K Rack transport dishwasher model K-M250
- Waste Management: IMC, Waste Station
- Workwear and Uniforms:Continental Chef Supplies, Toffeln EziProtekta Safety Shoes
Two overall winner of winners awards were presented this year, the first to Continental Chef Supplies for the Toffeln EziProtekta Safety Shoe, which scored highest among all the equipment products entered, and the highest scoring food and drink entry for the Fish & Chip Shop Bites from Paramount 21.
Jenkins also acknowledged the expertise and integrity of the judges of the Product Excellence Awards, who were:
- Dipna Anand, co-owner and cookery school trainer, Brilliant Restaurant and chef lecturer, University of West London
- Julie Barker, director of accommodation and hospitality services, University of Brighton and deputy chair of People 1st Apprenticeship Board
- Christopher Basten, chef lecturer in Culinary Arts Westminster Kingsway College and vice-president Craft Guild of Chefs
- David Bentley, director, Bentley Consulting UK
- Ed Bircham, director, Humble Arnold Associates
- Mina Booth, marketing director, DMG Energy Events, Daily Mail Group
- Julian Edwards, chair, Foodservice Consultants Society International (FCSI) and managing director, GY5 Catering Consultants
- Kate Gould, owner, KEG Catering Consultants
- Ned Hopkins, general manager, Premier Cheese
- Neil Phillips, The Wine Tipster, wine presenter, Nespresso coffee sommelier and broadcaster
- Neel Radia, chairman, National Association of Care Catering (NACC)
- Jack Sharkey, managing director, Vision Commercial Kitchens
- Mark Sharland, project sales manager, Willis Jenkins
- Charlie Stockwell, chef, Royal Academy of Culinary Arts, Galvin La Chapelle
- Mark Tilling, patisserie chef and chocolatier consultant
- Damian Wawrzyniak, chef and restaurateur
- Carl Weldon, chief operating officer, Hospitality Finance and Technology Professionals (HFTP)
- Ken Winch, owner, Ken Winch Design
Videos from The Caterer archives
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.